TWRP Available For Xiaomi Mi 9T [Download and Guide]
The developers of the TWRP recovery are working at a frenetic pace in order to extend their support to as many smartphones as possible and, in recent times, it seems that they have a special sympathy for the Xiaomi and Redmi models.
After having extended the recovery support to the Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro, the Redmi Note 8T and the Redmi 8, in the last hours it was the turn of the Xiaomi Mi 9T.
TWRP installation guide on Xiaomi Mi 9T
If you are interested in the installation, you can proceed in two ways: the simplest one requires the official app and following the instructions provided on the screen but requires root permissions (we leave you the link below).
- TWRP | Download from the Play Store
If you do not have access to the root of the smartphone, below we offer an installation guide that only requires a Windows PC and an internet connection:
- Download the recovery
- Download and install the ADB / fastboot drivers for the Windows PC HERE
- Download and install the drivers for your smartphone
- Download the recovery for your smartphone, rename it twrp.img and copy it to the ADB folder
- Enable the developer options on your smartphone (7 taps on the build number)
- From the developer options, enable USB Debugging
- From the Windows computer, enter the ADB folder and open the CMD
- Connect the smartphone to the PC via the USB cable
- Type correctly the following text strings on the command prompt or CMD (for each dash click on Enter): adb devices – ADB reboot bootloader – fastboot devices
- At this point, type the following string to flash the TWRP: fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Considering that the Xiaomi Mi 9T is still fully covered by the legal warranty, we advise you to think carefully before installing the TWRP on your model, as this will void the warranty.