In this tutorial, we will show you how to configure the Seculos Sport, Urbano, or Fashion smartwatch on your mobile phone. To make the connection between your phone and your watch, you will need to use an application. This app is free and compatible with Android and iOS devices.
After the setup is complete, the Seculus smartwatch will start recording your sports practice data, sleep monitoring, heart rate, etc.
With the GPS and Location function enabled, you can check how far you have traveled, during, or after your walk/run. All this information will be sent to the application on the phone, so you can follow all your sports practices, to improve performance more and more.
Pairing the Seculus smartwatch with a phone
The Seculus smartwatch also receives notifications and messages. However, it is necessary to activate these features when configuring the application. This will make it much easier, especially on occasions or places where it is not possible to use the smartphone. Below are the steps to pair your watch with your phone.
- On your phone, search the Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS) for the “ Seculus Smart ” app and then click the “ Install ” button.
- Then tap on the “ My profile ” tab and in this section, enter your “name” and add information regarding your gender, age, weight, and height. Then, tap ” Save ” at the top of the screen.
- Now turn on the Seculus watch by pressing the button for 3 sec. (on other models, press the bottom button).
- Then on your phone, go to the Bluetooth configuration and activate, if not already. Communication between devices will be done using this resource.
- Also, activate this same feature on the watch. From the home screen, go to the Main Menu (swipe from right to left), Settings, touch Bluetooth and mark it as ” On “.
- Again on the phone, open the app, tap on “ Settings ” and then click on “ Connect with Seculus Smart “.
- Select the watch model and click ” Ok ” in the ” pairing ” message to complete this step. Now we go to the second stage of pairing.
- Return to the phone’s Bluetooth screen and wait for the found devices to appear.
- In the list of devices, tap “SS7900” (the numbering depends on the model).
- Then tap ” Ok ” to accept the pairing and tap ” Allow ” to agree that the application will access your contacts and records.
- When complete, a verification icon will be displayed on the clock screen, notifying you that the pairing process has been successful.
Configuring the Seculus Smart app
Now let’s see how to do a basic configuration in the application. After these steps, you will be able to use your Seculus smartwatch.
- After installing the app on the phone, open it, and tap on “ Settings ” (gear icon located at the bottom of the right side of the screen).
- Touch the “ Goals ” tab to enter information regarding your steps, distance, calories, activity time, and sleep.
- In the “ Notifications ” section, log in to activate app alerts that will be sent to your smartwatch.
Note: The features below like; music, camera, and dials, you can adjust or preview when using them.
Enabling notifications on the iPhone and iPad
If you use an iPhone or iPad, you will need to manually enable synchronization of contacts and messages with the Seculus Smart app.
- On the screen showing the paired devices, tap the “ i ” icon next to the “watch name” (for example, SS79XXX).
- And enable the options “ Sync. Contact ”and“ Sync. Notifications “.
- Now open the Seculus Smart app, go to the Main Menu, and select ” Contacts “.
- Click on “ Synchronize ” and wait for the synchronization to finish.
Changing watch faces
The screen displays of the Seculus smartwatch can be changed whenever the user wishes. Whether to match other accessories, such as bracelets or even to match the style of clothing that day.
There are 5 display options in the clock settings and 11 that can be applied through the application. Among these dials, you can choose a Digital, Analog or
On the clock:
- On the smartwatch home screen, touch and hold for 3 sec. until you see the other displays.
- Slide sideways to select from the 5 display options.
- To apply the display, touch it.
In the app:
- Go to settings, tap on the ” Displays ” tab.
- Select and click ” Save ” above.