Over time, smartwatches have proven that they are not just the notification center for our phones or just checking the time. With the development of technology in smartwatches, it is now possible to live healthier and with a healthier body.
The Apple Watch is an example of a smartwatch that has evolved. For each release of a new watch series, other features were added or improved. Heart rate monitoring is one of the main functions of the Apple smartwatch.
The other features, such as sleep monitoring, help to improve your cardiovascular rate. That is your heart thanks you for a good night’s sleep. Below we will show you the steps on how to measure your frequency and then how to activate notifications.
How to measure your heart rate on your Apple Watch?
Let’s start with the most basic and straightforward method, namely, monitoring heart health: measuring heart rate. The Apple Watch has a sensor, located on the bottom of the case so that we can read the heart rate and provide a good reading on heart function for us.
In this sense, we can ask some questions, but the most direct and easy way is to look at the moment when we want the heart rate. To that end, these are the steps to follow:
- Go to the clock and go to the application menu (or press the “Crown”) and click on the heart icon.
- In the meantime, stand still during measurements (you will see the message “Measuring…”)
- After a few seconds, your heart rate will appear on the screen.
- If you continue with the application open, you can see the changes in real-time.
- By sliding the screen, you can also check your resting heart rate and walking rate.
Enabling high or low heart rate notifications
If desired, receive alerts about your heart rate. You will be alerted if it is too high or too low. To establish a metric, you must do the following:
- Go to the iPhone and open the Apple Watch app.
- On the ” My Watch ” tab, go to ” Heart “.
- Slide the screen, touch ” Heart rate ” and select the ” LPM ” number.
- Below, you will see Freq. Heart, then choose the number of the LPM you want to be notified of.
- Ready! You can now return or exit the application.
Remember, even if you have a normal result, there is no guarantee that you are in good health. Whenever you feel uncomfortable, consult a doctor, and don’t just let yourself be guided by the clock information.