The Xiaomi Mi Band 5 was officially launched recently in several countries and is one of the best selling fitness bracelets today. With some changes in its appearance, the Mi Band 5 also has new features that have been added.
In addition to the new tracking modalities for 11 new sports modes, the Xiaomi Band 5 has made it possible to take photos remotely from the cell phone camera.
But it was also possible to control the phone’s camera with the Mi Band 4. However, you could only do it from a third party application previously installed on the phone.
In Mi Band 5, the feature can be used with the camera’s native application, this prevents the user from having to install other applications to obtain the same result.
But for the feature to work on the Mi Band 5 and other versions, it must be paired with the phone. See in the steps below, how to use the feature to take photos remotely with your Xiaomi Mi Band 5.
How to take photos remotely with the Xiaomi Mi Band 5
- First, activate the phone’s Bluetooth and connect the Xiaomi Mi Band 5 (skip this step if your bracelet is already synchronized through the Mi Fit app).
- Then in the Mi Fit app, go to “ Laboratory ” then tap on “ Camera options ” and activate the option.
- Now open the phone’s default camera app and position it somewhere.
- That done, go to the bracelet, access the Settings, tap ” More ” and select the ” Camera ” option.
- Finally, touch the white button below the shutter to take the photo.
Ready! In the tutorial you just learned how to take photos remotely from your phone’s camera from your Mi Band 5.