On your iPhone and iPad, you can add gods public calendars to be consulted directly through the calendar app natively present on the iOS operating system.
How do you say? Would you like to add a public calendar on your Apple device, but don’t know how to do it? Then you’ve come to the right place.
In fact, in this guide, we will show you how to add a public calendar on iPhone and iPad. Read on to find out how.
Add public calendars on iPhone and iPad
Public calendars are typically used to send promotional information or public event details in a calendar format.
These are calendars whose URLs are then shared publicly on the internet and can be installed by anyone interested in them.
Before proceeding, therefore, you need to get the URL of the public calendar you want to install on the Calendar app. Once ready, you will need to perform these simple steps:
- open Settings on your iPhone or iPad;
- Scroll down and tap on the app Calendar;
- Now tap “Account” To manage the accounts associated with the calendar;
- Select “Add account” To add a new public calendar;
- You will see several different email service providers. Select the option “Other“;
- Tap “Add calendar“, That is the last item;
- Type or paste the URL of the public calendar you want to add and select “Come on“;
- Here you can further configure your calendar subscription. For example, you can set a username and password, enable or disable SSL, and more. Once the configuration is complete, tap on “Save” To add the public calendar.
That’s it, with these simple steps you will have the public calendar on your iPhone or iPad!
Once configured, you will be able to view all public calendar events that you have added directly within the Calendar app.
Note that if you’re looking to add a private calendar that has been shared with you, you won’t need to follow these steps, just accept the email invitation.